Required Documents for a Tier 4 Visa Application Outside the UK

This film is aimed at University of Lincoln students. It has been created by Electric Egg for the International Advice Team at the University of Lincoln.

This film tells you about the documents you need to prepare for a Tier 4 Visa application made outside the UK. This is usually referred to as Entry Clearance application.

The information in this film is intended as a guide only. You MUST read the the latest Tier 4 Policy Guidance before you submit any application.


(Double click the screen to view full screen).

Please note, the information in this video about the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) is no longer relevant.  Applicants pay the IHS during the application process and not before.  Australia and New Zealand nationals are no longer exempt.   

Additionally, if your course requires you to have an ATAS certificate you will need to provide this regardless of how long your course is. You can find the most up-to-date information by following this link.